Greenday Garden Planner - Gardener Stockport
We've taken the time to give you as much information as possible to ensure that your garden is in tip top condition all through the year with our NEW four seasons planner. Each section gives you tips, information and the jobs you should be completing in each season. Don't forget Greenday Gardens can help and take some of the work off your hands!
Spring is the most hectic season of the year. It’s a time of firsts – the first flowers, the first morning coffee enjoyed in the garden but unfortunately the first weeds too! In spring, everything changes so quickly that if you don’t keep on top of gardening tasks they can soon run away from you.
The Greenday Gardens team is here to help you make the most of your garden in spring time and booking early for your garden tidy is always a good idea at such a busy time.
Book a Greenday Gardens Spring Garden Tidy
• Sow vegetable seeds (indoors and outdoors)
• Cut back bulbs
• March is the last chance to prune roses
• Tidy borders, weed and mulch
• Last chance to lift and divide the herbaceous perennials
• First lawn cut
• Spring feed the lawn
• Plant all seedlings after the last frost
• Plant summer bedding plants and hanging baskets
• Great time for general plantings
• Feed most plants with a general-purpose fertiliser
• Busiest time for vegetable gardening
• Initial hedge trimming
• Support herbaceous plants such as peonies
• Prune all spring flowering shrubs immediately after they have flowered
• General weeding, hand weeding, weed spraying and hoeing
Autumn is the season for finals. The final harvest of fruit and vegetables, the final seeding of the lawn, the final chance to batten down the hatches and prepare your garden for the bleak weather ahead. Looking further ahead, time and effort now can be rewarded by a stunning display of spring bulbs next year.
Book Greenday Gardens Autumn Garden Tidy
• Bring in tender plants and/or cover before the first frost
• Plant spring bulbs
• Lay new lawn
• Start of the bare root shrub and tree season
• Autumn feed of the lawn
• Lawn mowing as needed
• Leaf clearing
• Treat fences and sheds for the winter
• Cut back herbaceous border plants and prune shrubs
• Soil improvement, mulching and compost
• Ensure all fences/sheds are solid prior to the winter winds
• Move deciduous shrubs and trees after they have lost their leaves
Summer is when many people enjoy their garden most but a great deal of time is needed to keep it looking its best. This is when all your effort through spring can easily be lost. Greenday Gardens will be pleased to take some of the hard work off your hands.
Book a Greenday Gardens Summer Garden Tidy
• Dead-head bedding plants and roses
• Feed all plants, especially roses, to maintain strong blooms
• First trim of yew and leafy hedges such as beech
• Plants and pots need watering while you are away
• Plant autumn flowering bulbs
• Weed control
• Regular lawn mowing
• Edging borders
• Light summer pruning to keep your plants in check
If you plan to be away for part of the summer you may wish to consider how irrigation could protect your garden even if it’s just your pots and containers.
Winter is all about planning and preparation for the glorious spring and summer months to come. It is arguably the most important time of the gardening calendar.
With the garden being used less, it is the ideal time for both construction (patios, paths, fruit cages, etc.) and ground preparation (vegetable gardens, beds and borders) to be taking place.
Jobs that are best done now are often left until spring when all good gardening companies are extremely busy. So book your winter project now and get set for next summer!
Patios and paths
Pond renovation and construction
Fencing/Replacement fencing (both wood and wire)
Book early for your Winter garden tidy
Did you know that planting trees and hedges (bare root) is far more cost effective between November and March?